August 9, 2013

Future Posts

I'll be gone for a while. You'll have to take your morning coffee without me.

Meanwhile, there are a couple irons in the fire.

Jim will be here supervising the contractors who are remodeling our porch.

Yes! They are here. They have already torn out the vinyl siding and plastic trim that the builders had installed, and new taller windows have been been put in.

In this rough state, torn up and unfinished, the porch already looks so much better.

While I am gone there will be decorating decisions about the wood wall paneling and the layout of the brick floor. But, as I said, Jim is in charge, so no worries.

There will be a future "Before & After" post coming up.

Another exciting development: I found a source to replace the 'Kintzley's Ghost' honeysuckle that was mislabeled when I bought it, and came up as an entirely different plant. A nursery in Ft. Collins, Colorado has it, both one gallon and two gallon plants. Yes, I want one.

So I'll go out there and pick one up.

You know, of course, that I live in Connecticut. But no worries. I am headed out to Colorado on a trip to see my youngest son and he has already agreed to take me up to Ft. Collins one afternoon to hunt down my plant.

There will be a future post coming up about scoring just the plant I want 2,000 miles away.

My trip will finish with a visit to see my oldest son in L.A. These are all exciting developments, and I can barely contain myself.

So, bye for now. I'll be gone, but there is a lot happening.

 

12 comments:

  1. Two thousand miles in search of a plant...priceless! Have a wonderful trip! I'm looking forward to seeing that porch transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always many things going when you get the opportunity to travel. Have a great time. Can't wait to see all when you get time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you're a committed (pun fully intended) gardener when you're willing to go 2,000 miles to get a plant. Best of luck and safe travels.

    Hopefully you don't return home to a porch of knotty pine walls/ceiling, neon beer signs, and deer heads mounted on the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun on your trip and travel safe! It's great to visit grown children, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your boys are happy to meet you and you'll return with new plant!
    Good luck, Laurrie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurrie, you're a lot smarter than I am; you go away while stuff's getting torn out and built. Enjoy your travels and visits. It all sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds just perfect to visit with your kids, score a plant (I'm so jealous!) and come back to finished home improvements. Have a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you have a wonderful wonderful trip seeing your boys! And how funny that you are tracking down your plant!!! You go girl!!! I can not even stand all of the cool changes that are happening to your house! I can't wait to see the photos!! Happy traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful trip--enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting a new porch AND avoiding construction - what a great plan. It sounds like an ideal time to get away, see your children, and pick up that pesky plant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great break Laurrie! I am sure there will be lots of great stories and pictures when you get back. I look forward to seeing the before and after porch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very exciting about the work being done on your home. Enjoy visiting your boys out west.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about requiring code verification -- I experimented with turning it off to make commenting easier, and I got too much spam. Thanks for taking the time to comment, and to type in silly codes. I appreciate hearing from you.