Deb at Deb's Garden has nominated my blog for the Stylish Blogger Award. It's an honor. Thanks, Deb!
It's been going around for a little bit, so most of you know I have to do three things: link back to Deb's Garden, tell you seven things about myself and nominate 15 stylish blogs that I read.
7 random things:
- I learned to fly an airplane before I could drive a car. My Dad was a test pilot for Pratt & Whitney Aircraft back in the 1960s and he taught me to pilot a small Cessna when I was a teenager. He was a stern and unforgiving instructor, but I cherish those times in the cockpit with him.
- I met my husband randomly online. Not through a dating site or a match service --- I sent a completely unsolicited random e-mail to a person whose profile on AOL intrigued me. And he responded.
- I worked for one company my entire career, all 34 years at one place. No one does that any more. Or wants to. Or should.
- I spent the entire summer of 1969 in the Soviet Union (now Russia) as a student in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). It was the height of the Cold War and it was scary and foreign and intense, but quite an experience.
- I didn't know a digitalis from a penstemon from a viburnum or a stewartia when I started gardening 5 years ago. Nada, I knew nothing. I learned it all after I retired, mostly from the internet, from playing in the dirt, and from all your wonderful informative blogs. Still learning.
- I love Wyoming. I was born and raised and lived all my life in Connecticut, but I have some kind of special connection to the high plains and the peaks of the Big Horn Mountains.
- I can complete the New York Times Sunday crossword without looking anything up. Most of the time, and if my husband helps with the sports clues. And with some of the old movies clues. And politics references. Thank goodness for collaboration.
15 stylish bloggers:If you are listed below, you can link back to my blog, post seven things about yourself and your own 15 nominations for stylish bloggers.
This has been going around for some time, so some of you may have been nominated by others before. I am a regular reader of the same blogs Deb nominated and would nominate them too, but I tried to nominate some stylish blogs she didn't list!