February 17, 2011

Busy Planting

I have been very busy planting for the past week.

It's the dead of winter, but I was planting outdoors.

If you are curious about what can be planted outside in the northern hemisphere in winter, read on.







I planted my ski poles at every turn, and made some nice long sweeping linked S turns.




I planted my keister in a snowdrift and slid on my backside a little ways, completely without dignity of any kind.  There are no pictures of this.




I planted my skis on the storage rack and went inside for a rest.


I planted my feet in front of the fire and made my cold toes happy.



I planted a big kiss on my son's cheek to thank him for a wonderful family filled adventurous holiday in the California mountains.





Now I am back home and more than ready to do some real digging in the earth and some real planting of green things.  But that will have to wait a few more months.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm glad that you had a nice planting season. I'm yearning to turn some soil over too so you caught my attention with that one for sure. The weather here on Cape Cod has been unbelievable the last few days so it's just adding to my Spring fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your planting post :grin: So cute and wish I could plant my poles too. I miss skiing quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful, lighthearted and creative approach. Loved it and so glad you're back safely. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post...your love for your boys makes me feel better about my kiddos going off to college...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun and a wonderful time with your family - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you didn't break anything. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Welcome Home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all, for the welcome back. The best part was not the spectacular scenery of the Sierra Nevadas or the adventures on the slopes... the best was four solid days spent with my adult sons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Was that the cabin you stayed in? It looks very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetbay, thanks! We stayed in a similar cabin at Mammoth, there are about 30 cabins hanging on to the side of a hill. All are very rustic, tiny and cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about requiring code verification -- I experimented with turning it off to make commenting easier, and I got too much spam. Thanks for taking the time to comment, and to type in silly codes. I appreciate hearing from you.