May 20, 2010

Good Day So Far

It's been a good day so far.

I haven't lost the pruners in the shrubbery, or knelt on them while weeding.

I don't have burs sticking to the waistband of my underpants today.  And I didn't decapitate any flowers by dragging the hose over them.  I feel calm.

I haven't sworn, cursed, or toppled a wheelbarrow full of mulch in the middle of the lawn.  I didn't spray Round Up on anything accidentally.  I haven't pulled any shoots that were the seedlings I planted yesterday.  I'm feeling pretty capable.

I am going to get up in a few minutes, make coffee and head out into the garden.  And then I'm going to need all the help I can get.

7 comments:

  1. You are the funniest lady. I hope that the rest of your day goes as well. tee hee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You know it's been a bad day when you've got burrs in your underpants O_O I'll have to use that one as an excuse for when I'm too tired for Chuck to chase after me...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. (giggle) this was so funny and sweet - I hope you had a good rest of the day.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, destruction is just part of gardening. So is getting indescribably filthy (I often feel like I need a carwash for humans after a hot day in the garden).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the giggles everyone.

    Sweet bay, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a good chuckle over that one, and that added a little goodness to my day! BTW, recently I was at the store after spending some time in my garden, when I realized I had a small stick poking out of the back of my hair!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about requiring code verification -- I experimented with turning it off to make commenting easier, and I got too much spam. Thanks for taking the time to comment, and to type in silly codes. I appreciate hearing from you.